Of course every Archie knows that December 28 is something he or she would look forward to every year. It is indeed a special day yearly where we can all commemorate and celebrate David’s birthday besides the fact the holidays are just around the corner.
But I have to digress and say that this year’s DA birthday is something more. Why? Simply because that this may be the time where we get to express how much we miss David when he went and decided to do his mission roughly two years ago.
So without much further ado let’s all start reminiscing how that day went and to make this birthday recap even more special, I decided to split in 23 ways: 23 times the enjoyment, 23 times the fun, 23 times the laughter and 23 more memories to remember and reminisce someday. 🙂
1. The Preparation. Some Archies stayed at Tita Bess’s place the day before to prepare for the party the next day. Click Here for more photos
2. Personal Experience. I did planned on riding the bus on the way to the San Lorenzo Home for the Elderlies but because of the change of plans, I have to go straight there. While waiting for everyone else to arrive, this old man came up and sat beside me. Three things that fascinated about me the most is because one, even though the other elderlies are taking their naps, he wasn’t; second, he was able to tell me that he belonged to a band before and he can play the guitar; and lastly, he played the harmonica for me.
3. Doing Good. Being true to David’s word, Pinoy Archies did their yearly visit to the San Lorenzo Home for the Elderlies. Archies prepare gifts for the lolos and lolas. It’s just too bad though that the group arrived during naptime but still we’re are all hopeful that they would feel our sincerity.
4. Traveling in Style. What more could be a more enjoyable way to travel than in a bus? It gives the feeling of being in a field trip 🙂
5. Meeting New Friends. And because Pinoy Archies is international, what better way it would be to celebrate David’s birthday with international friends?
6. Getting Back Together with Friends. Because absence makes the heart grow fonder. Yep, it is super fun to meet new friends but it always feels good to see old friends again. More bondings, more fun.
7. Archu-stuff. Indeed that it is better to give than to receive. Here are some of the things winners can get but some of it are also donated by other Archies.
8. New Members of the ArchuCouncil. Welcome to the new officers and congratulations! Here’s to more DA projects for 2014!
9. 100oth Member. Of course, we are all aware that you family is growing day by day and its not even a surprised that we reached more than a thousand members already. Meet Patricia. Our 1000th member in the Team Pinoy Archies. Her award? A VIP ticket to David’s next concert! What a lucky gal!
10. Paper Dance. Birthday parties are never complete without games and the first game Archies played is the classic paper dance. Look how Archies find and plan their way into staying and balancing themselves into the newspaper!
11. Popping the Balloons. Who would have thought that popping balloons need talent? The first one to pop the balloon gets the chance to answer a question relating to David and wins home a prize. 🙂
12. Hep Hep Hooray (The David Archie Version). The only two words that are hard to focus on especially if you have to focus also on when to raise and put down your hands: DAVID — ARCHIE!
13. Solo Stages. A mini concert brought to us by our talented Archies who preferred their songs to present that day. Thank you Sarah and John!
You Can – John Michael Gernale
Red – Sarah Bapial
Complain – Sarah Bapial
14. Talentadong Pinoy Archies. Yes, Archies are talented so what better way to formed a group? Here are some videos where they serenade us with Archu-songs.
Forevermore – Talentadong Pinoy Archies Version
Rainbow – Talentadong Pinoy Archies Version
15. Dinner. “A family that eats together stays together.” No wonder we’ve been celebrating David’s birthday for years already. Here’s a small triva, did you guys know that McDonalds’ branches frequently play David’s songs?
16. In-Betweens. Hilarious. Cute. Fun. Happy. Cool. Awesome.
17. Raffle Winners. Congratulations to all winners!
18. Heartfelt Messages. A video from our international fans to David.
19. Surprise, Tita!!! Of course, we’re always be thankful to Tita Bess for all the things she had done to us and to thank her, we prepared a small but memorable surprise for her. We almost not pulled it off since we’re doing everything in the dark (distributing flowers and all lol) but it was a success! We love, Tita Bess!
20. Happy Birthday, David! A birthday party would not be complete without the cake and the birthday song. We hope that even if David is miles away from us, he will still feel that love and warmth Pinoy Archies are ready to give him. Here’s to more birthdays, David!
21. Nandito Lang Kami, David. Yes, we’ll always be here, David. No matter long how it will take, we can patiently wait for your comeback. We hope to see you soon and we really missed you!
22. Group Pictures. Look Up. Wacky. Without teeth. Hands up. Pictures to remember the day by.
and last but definitely not the least…
23. Saying Goodbye. Well, to be honest, its not really permanent is it? We may be all saying good bye for now but we all know that we will see each other soon.